Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ November 1, 2016


  • In my life... I've been seeing more of my need for the Savior these past couple of months than I have ever seen before. 
  • In our homeschool... We've been having a problem with the children playing around rather than getting any work done and everything has just been piling up. We had a talk about this and have determined together that we need an earlier bed time, an earlier rise time and a schedule to follow. We implemented the new routine last week. We're doing our best to keep up with it. I think I'm the one with the problem.  :-/
  • What's working for us... TIMERS! Timers are my friend! I have quite a few of them that I picked up from Dollar Tree. We have come to rely on them to get work done. 
  • I'm reading... My friend has so graciously loaned her book to me called Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Deibler Rose. It's an autobiography of Mrs. Darlene's time spent as a missionary, held prisoner in a WWII Japanese camp. I'm only in 6th chapter and cannot put it down! I have become very intrigued with missionaries and their work. Sometimes I envy the faith they have to do what God has called them and their cost to follow the Lord. I even grieve because of my own lack of faith and belief. 
  • I'm thankful for... I am grateful for my husband, who is a hard worker and strives to follow the Lord. He is respectful, dependable and trustworthy. We got married very young and have gone through our share of difficulties. I can testify to the fact that hardships and struggles make you stronger and closer if you endure. 
  • A quote to share... "When...I didn't understand God's dealing with me, I prayed, 'Be patient, Father. Forgive my tears and whimperings. Just let me feel Your arms of love about me, then my heart shall understand. I shall stop my questioning and know that You mean it unto good.'" ~Darlene Deibler Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!