Wednesday, December 9, 2015

From Depths of Woe I Raise to Thee

I really can't help but to share this version of From Depths of Woe I Raise to Thee. I've never heard of this hymn before Monday and now that I've read, read, and reread the lyrics, I can't help but to listen, listen and listen some more to this song. 

It. 

Is. 

Incredible. 

Here are the words:

1. From depths of woe I raise to Thee
The voice of lamentation
Lord, turn a gracious ear to me
And hear my supplication
If Thou iniquities dost mark
Our secret sins and misdeeds dark
O who shall stand before Thee?

2. To wash away the crimson stain
Grace alone availeth
Our works, alas! are all in vain
In much the best life faileth
No man can glory in Thy sight
All must alike confess Thy might
And live alone by mercy

3. Therefore my trust is in the Lord
And not in mine own merit
On Him my soul shall rest, His Word
Upholds my fainting spirit
His promised mercy is my fort
My comfort and my sweet support
I wait for it with patience

4. Though great our sins and sore our woes
His grace much more aboundeth
His helping love no limit knows
Our utmost need it soundeth
Our Shepherd good and true is He
Who will at last His Israel free
From all their sin and sorrow

It's truly enough just to read the lyrics by themselves. This arrangement by Michael O'Brien adds so much to the beauty of this poem. 





I have found another favorite. 


Linking up with Fellowship Fridays



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!