Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Super Simple Homemade Gift


I learned how to make this hand scrub a few weeks ago with a small group of moms from our homeschool group. I'm not sure where our leader got it from (the internet, I'm sure and quite possibly Pinterest. Ha!), but it is so easy even my 6 year old can make it! 

It only requires 2 ingredients. That's right, TWO


1. White granulated sugar  
2. Dawn Hand Renewal Dish Soap - Now I will say here that you certainly could add essential oils or scents, but this dish soap already smells and feels so wonderful that you really can just leave the scents and oils out. 

Other items you'll need are:
1. Mixing bowl and spoon
2. Glass jar - any type, any size.
3. Fabric, ribbon, lace, or anything you'd like to use to decorate the jar - completely optional. 


So we begin by measure out how much sugar you'll need to fill your jar. The larger the jar, the larger the amount, of course! 
I just poured the sugar into the jar almost to the top and then dumped it into the mixing bowl. 


Next, add a little bit of the dish soap and begin mixing. You'll want to add only a little bit at a time as not to get the sugar too runny.  

 
Mix until it's the consistency of wet snow that sticks together for snowballs......that's the best way I know how to describe it! (I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, ya know). 

If it's too wet, add more sugar. If it's too dry, add more soap. 
I'm not sure my pictures do it any justice. Sorry! 


Then just spoon it back into your jar and pat it all down until it's as full as you desire. 


And voila! You have homemade hand scrub! 
This is a perfect gift for teachers, neighbors, family members, party hostess, etc....  


This is the easiest and most economical gift I've ever made!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!