Tuesday, February 7, 2017

The Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ Feb. 7, 2017

In My Life
Oh dear. I have had some enormous child-raising trials lately that are teaching me to trust in the Lord more. I can see the huge amount of unbelief I still have. Oh, Lord, please help my unbelief!

What's Working/Not Working -or- In Our Homeschool
We have had a problem getting back on our schedule since the holidays. I don't know if it was all the staying up/sleeping in late or what, but we are just having the most difficult time getting back into the swing of things. Most days, we're on survival mode and getting by with just the 3 R's. At this rate, we'll be schooling through the summer to cover Science and History!  I've also had the most difficult time sleeping at night. I just can't get comfortable, tossing and turning all night.  *SIGH*

Still Purging
Ah, the sloooooow process of purging. It seems the more I purge, the more I have to purge. YIKES! Does anyone else have that problem? Can I just sweep all the stuff lying around into a big garbage bag and forget it all?

A New Goal
If you know me, you've seen my teeth and it is highly difficult to keep them clean, even with daily brushing, flossing and rinsing with mouthwash. My teeth, being so crowded and crooked, puts me at a higher risk for gum disease also. So, my dentist is going to work with me, financially, so I can get my teeth straightened, which will help me maintain healthier teeth and gums. My plan is to put money aside out of the household fund each pay period so I can give a good down payment at my next cleaning appointment in July. I also plan to have another garage sale this spring to raise money. Hopefully we'll be able to do this. 

We're Listening to
I bought another CD for the kids; Getty Kids Hymnal. What great music. I'm going to share a few reviews right from Amazon because they reflect how I feel about this album and I most certainly cannot express any better....

What we learn to music, especially when we are children stays with us all our lives. Even when we are old, it will not depart from us. How important, then, to learn life principles from the Word of God by singing them into our very souls when we are children. This is one of the best gifts we can ever give a child. What a great resource is this new Getty hymnal and CD for our kids and grandkids! ~ Gloria Gaither

It always makes me so happy whenever an artist writes for the most important, wonderful and discerning audience of all. The Getty's, our modern day hymn writers, have turned their great gift to write an album of songs filled with robust theology, great music, anthems all in the service of giving children hymns of their own. Wonderful feet-stomping truth to sing! (I have a feeling, as with most great writing for children, the adults will want to sing along too) ~Sally Lloyd-Jones

Rock-solid, yet oh so fun... wonderfully timeless, yet completely contemporary. It's the way I describe Keith and Kristyn's fabulous new project, The Getty's Kids Hymnal. I love their heart to help parents and children harmonize together in their worship of Jesus, using familiar hymns and new melodies with Spirit-blessed words. You just have to get a copy of this new book and CD for your kids. You'll be helping them sing great doctrine with joyous delight, creating melodies in their hearts that will last a lifetime. ~Joni Eareckson Tada, Joni and Friends Disability Center

A Prayer Request
This whole family of ours rises to anger far too quickly. This is most grievous to my husband and myself as we strive to live according to God's word and walk in His ways. We most certainly needs God's strength, grace and discipline to overcome. Please pray for us as we seek God's help in this area. 

A Song to Share
I came across this modern hymn. It is beautiful as can be and proclaims the gospel message so clearly. I just can't help but to share it!

Come Behold the Wondrous Mystery

Verse 1  
Come behold the wondrous mystery
In the dawning of the King
He the theme of heaven's praises
Robed in frail humanity
In our longing, in our darkness
Now the light of life has come
Look to Christ, who condescended
Took on flesh to ransom us

Verse 2
Come behold the wondrous mystery
He the perfect Son of Man
In His living, in His suffering
Never trace nor stain of sin
See the true and better Adam
Come to save the hell-bound man
Christ the great and sure fulfillment
Of the law; in Him we stand

Verse 3
Come behold the wondrous mystery
Christ the Lord upon the tree
In the stead of ruined sinners
Hangs the Lamb in victory
See the price of our redemption
See the Father's plan unfold
Bringing many sons to glory
Grace unmeasured, love untold

Verse 4
Come behold the wondrous mystery
Slain by death the God of life
But no grave could e'er restrain Him
Praise the Lord; He is alive!
What a foretaste of deliverance
How unwavering our hope
Christ in power resurrected
As we will be when He comes

What a foretaste of deliverance
How unwavering our hope
Christ in power resurrected
As we will be when He comes

~Matt Boswell, Michael Bleecker, Matt Papa
2013





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!