Monday, February 20, 2017

5 Random Things ~ Spelling, Nests, Hair, Treats, & Sewing

I've been having a problem keeping up with just about everything. Nonetheless, here's what we've been up to lately.

1. Spelling Fun
We have had so much fun studying our spelling words this school year. Our program has us studying our words in all different kinds of ways. The following are only a few.
Paint
Chenille stems (a.k.a. pipe cleaners)
Scrabble Apple
Shaving cream

2. Life Skills
Fridays have become learning through life skills and hands on activities for us. Last week we helped a friend clean up a yard and learned a bit about nature along the way!
Nests from 2 different kinds of birds

3. Haircut
I can't seem to leave my hair alone.


4. Treats
I made rice crispy treats for the boy choir for Jonathan's birthday. I made the bow ties out of card stock and attached them to the outside of the wrapping. These were just too cute, I had to share. (Tootin' my own horn) 

5. Sewing
I don't really know very much at all about sewing anything (I try) but I can at least get Adelle's badges and patches onto her AHG vest. 




Wait, did I just type all the words above the pictures? I don't usually do that.  I'm just off my rocker so far this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!