Monday, August 14, 2017

We're Back!


Well, it has been a while since I've written here. I dropped this humble blog back in February. That's about the time I began to feel overwhelmed with everything in our homeschool.  I should've known that eclectic is NOT my teaching style.  I lean heavily toward the Charlotte Mason method, but I cannot implement that on my own. Last school year looked NOTHING like Charlotte Mason. 

NOTHING. 

Having to make my own lesson plans and coming up with hands on activities by myself just isn't a skill I obtain. Needing to spend so much time and effort on schooling and carrying out these daily duties left me stressed out and no time to do much else, thus I dropped this blog. 


Hopefully this year will be different and go a bit more smoothly.  

I have chosen a "box curriculum" this time around that is Bible and Charlotte Mason based. Lesson plans and activities are already planned out. The only thing I had to do was find the cheapest place to purchase the books (used!) and then get them. The only thing I need to do now is make sure I have all the supplies necessary and re-organize the homeschool shelves. 

We have been doing light school work all through the summer, but not on a rigorous schedule. They wrote, whether copywork or handwriting practice, about 2-3 times per week and we chugged along slowly through our math program. They are always reading something. So we never stopped working, but it was reduced a lot. 

As soon as we get the last of our books/supplies and our shelf organized, we will start our new materials. That won't be until next month after Labor Day. That might be "late" in some people's book, but that's the beauty of homeschooling, right? No one says we have to start and stop at particular times. It is what it is and as long as my kids keep learning, discovering and developing, we're alright. 

I look forward to blogging again. Happy learning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!