Thursday, January 14, 2016

2015 Highlights

Where in the world did 2015 go? It came and went, *snap*, just like that! And now we're already halfway through January! 

I guess it's true the older you get, the faster time flies.... Life is short indeed.

*SIGH*

I wanted to take a look back at 2015 to remind myself what has happened, what the Lord has brought us through.

DECEMBER 2014


We're going to start in December of 2014. I didn't recap 2014 and I wanted to chronicle the first time my kids were old enough to visit the Country Club Plaza in KC and actually remember it. 


I also wanted to remember when I actually gave Adelle a decent hair cut. There is a story behind this cut. The short of the long (pun intended!) is that she wouldn't take the pick to her hair in the mornings and I kept giving her empty threats of cutting it. I realized I hadn't followed through and decided it was time. I cut it. I surprised myself as I had NO IDEA what I was doing! Not to bad, eh?

JANUARY-MARCH

The kids enjoyed not ONE, but TWO Valentine parties.



Little Man turned 6 years old and shared his birthday with a friend, whose birthday is 2 days after his. 



Cousins came to visit from the northern plains! That is always so much fun. 

APRIL-JUNE

Jonathan gets to help cut up some dead limbs that came out of our tree. Yes, my hunny bunny took the limbs out himself. Crazy man.


Here's a quick pic taken right before spring piano recital. They both are doing so well learning those black and white keys. 



Summer officially began with family vacation at the beach! We go to the beach every summer at least once. 2015 was a special time for me. I have been to the beach plenty of times, but I saw something different this year.


JULY-SEPT.

I tried to raise some tomatoes, bell peppers and eggplant in containers over the summer. I got a few small tomatoes and bell peppers. I had 1 or 2 Japanese eggplant that I didn't really know what to do with....  *chuckle*


Chic-fil-A Customer Appreciation Day means free food!... If you dress up like a cow.  :-D


We started a new school year with a friend. Mr. K5 joined our school this year. He hates to leave school every afternoon. Poor baby.  

OCT.-DEC.

It was Blue October! Our hometown was in MLB's World Series and WON, beating the NY Mets in NYC. Way to go Royals!  We don't normally pay too much attention to sports, however, it's been a while since KC has had a winning team, so we couldn't help but notice and cheer a bit.


BTW, the Chief's aren't doing so bad themselves. They're in the Super Bowl play-offs and playing in the NFL Divisional round this weekend.  *Wink*


We are truly enjoying the co-ops and field trips with our homeschool group this year. 


New this Christmas season: Grace Notes Christmas concert. Adelle was able to join a local girl choir this school year. Something new for piano students: a Christmas piano recital. 


And we end 2015 with our best pal!


Wow! What a year! 
I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!