Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thankful Thursday ~ Thankful for Friends


Iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.  Proverbs 27:17

I am so thankful that the Lord has brought some great friends and acquaintances into my life. We are able to share our experiences, struggles and triumphs with one another. My favorite part is being able to receive Biblical encouragement (and giving it) freely and honestly. That is where the sharpening happens. Sometimes it's a little rough and tough to hear, but it's vital to my spiritual well-being to hear God's Truths.

Gospel.com says, "A good friend is not someone who necessarily agrees with everything you do and say - it's somebody who lovingly challenges you to be a better person. We grow in maturity when we can test our thoughts and ideas against another person, and when we're open to correction when we're wrong."

I have that in my small circle. I couldn't ask for better friends. 



2 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!