Friday, June 26, 2015

The Mother's Homeschool Journal ~ June 26, 2015

In my life this week...
I am self-serving. It's true. I must continue to put myself in the way of Truth so that I may know God Almighty more. Knowing the King more leads to loving Him more, which leads to obeying His commands and His ways. It is only with the help of the Holy Spirit that I can know, love and obey the Lord God. I am compelled to continue to ask for His help. 

In our homeschool this week...
We are on summer break! We are participating in the summer reading  program at the library where we are learning about different topics such as fire safety, healthy eating habits, stranger danger, etc.... via special guests coming to talk to us, playing games and participating in fun activities. 

We are reading up a storm over here. Both children set a goal of reading 100 books before the end of the summer reading program. Adelle has read 70-something books so far (I think I need to push her to read more on her level instead of reading the books that are easy) and Jonathan has read/listened to 60-something books. 

I'm cooking... or not...
The heating element in the oven went out the end of last week. I have had the challenge of trying to cook on the stove top while sticking to my recently new diet change. Thankfully we were able to find another heating element online and now I have my oven back!

Things I'm working on...
I am gearing up for the 2015-2016 school year. This will be another challenging year as I have agreed to teach K5 to another little fellow for my friend. That means I'll have a K5 student, a 1st grade student and a 3rd grade student. I have been researching how to teach multiple children on multiple grade levels, how to organize and store everything, etc....  I must say that teaching as many subjects together as possible will be the way to go, though there will be at least 2 or 3 subjects that will have to be separate.  It will all work out though.   :-D

A quote to share...
"The Bible will keep you from sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible." 
                                                                                                              ~Dwight L. Moody

Scripture for the week...
Colossians 3Amplified Bible 
3 If then you have been raised with Christ [to a new life, thus sharing His resurrection from the dead], aim at andseek the [rich, eternal treasures] that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
And set your minds and keep them set on what is above (the higher things), not on the things that are on the earth.
For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God.
When Christ, Who is our life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in [the splendor of His] glory.
So kill (deaden, deprive of power) the evil desire lurking in your members [those animal impulses and all that is earthly in you that is employed in sin]: sexual vice, impurity, sensual appetites, unholy desires, and all greed and covetousness, for that is idolatry (the deifying of self and other created things instead of God).


Linking up with 
Fellowship Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!