Friday, October 4, 2013

The Homeshool Mother's Journal ~ October 4, 2013



IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...
What happened to my devotion to God? Do I not believe Him and His word? Do I not trust Him? Did I not resolve to give Him my all and leave the results up to Him?  How can I go for days without spending time with God if I believe & trust Him and have devoted my life to Him?  

IN OUR HOMESCHOOL THIS WEEK...
We have taken a week off from formal lessons, however, the kids have still been learning just from their natural curiosity. For example, they were playing with the magnet letters and Adelle started to build sentences. I reminded her that we read left to right, top to bottom and then showed her how to put the words in order. She got some spelling in with that little activity that she created herself. Jonathan began to place his letters in alphabet order. If that's not learning, I don't know what is. 

THINGS I'M WORKING ON...
I have spent the week getting the house organized, the school/dining room specifically. I am no good at organizing. I have a difficult time figuring out where and how to store things. It doesn't help that I don't enjoy doing these kids of things. That's not to say that I delight a messy house. 

I AM BAKING...
It's that time of year again to bake, bake, bake! I enjoy baking and giving the goodies away. I don't cook or bake from scratch (most of the time) so I was delighted when I found a pumpkin cake mix at the store last week. I baked it last weekend and took it to our church potluck dinner that we had after service last week. I was disappointed with it though. It had too much cinnamon flavor and you could just tell it came from a box. I think I'll stick to making this cake from scratch like I used to. 

I AM THANKFUL FOR...
My husband, who is so loving, patient and hard working. 

A PHOTO, VIDEO, QUOTE TO SHARE...
I just thought you'd like to know. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!