Friday, September 27, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ 9/27/13

I've gotten out of the routine of doing this each week and I really need to get back to it. Journaling in the purpose behind this blog. So here it goes....

IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK...
I have been seeking ways to be more mindful of God throughout the day. I am seeking to be closer to God in an intimate way. I don't want to think of Him only during my prayer times. I want to pray without ceasing and have my mind set on Him constantly! I have also been under the weather with my sinuses hurting and swelling. I'm also discovering that I am not Super Woman... I can't do it all.

IN OUR HOMESCHOOL THIS WEEK...
We have had to rearrange our schedule a little due to doctor appointments. Nonetheless, we are marching forward. In Bible, we're discovering the book of Proverbs and are committing Proverbs 9:10 to memory. In phonics, we have reviewed the vowel sounds and are beginning to learn different sounds that letters make. For example, s sometimes sounds like z. In math we're discovering number order. We are continuing to practice handwriting as well. This all sounds exciting, eh?

PLACES WE ARE GOING, PEOPLE WE'RE SEEING...
Tuesday we had a field trip to Krispy Kreme. We all got a free hot donut and a drink. We were supposed to listen to one of the bakers talk about the process of making the donuts, but they were short-staffed and he wasn't able to come talk to us. It's ok. At least we got to spend some time with our fellow homeschool friends. Wednesday the kids got to hang out with our Pastor for a bit while I went to the doctor for some lab work... my annual check-up. Thursday I had a dental cleaning appointment, so Adelle and Jonathan got to spend some time with Grandma. It has been a crazy week!

HELPFUL HOMESCHOOL TIPS/ADVICE...
If you move into a new house at the beginning of the school year, go ahead and focus on getting most of the boxes unpacked and organized. It's ok to start school at a later date. Flexibility is the beauty of homeschooling... a lesson I'm still learning. 

MY KIDDO'S FAVORITE THING WAS...
Adelle really enjoyed cooking dinner with me this week. I need to get better at involving the children more in things like that. Jonathan enjoyed playing aggravation with Grandma and winning!

I AM READING...

A book called Follow Me written by David Platt. The back of the book says, "Is it possible for people to say they believe in Jesus but not truly be born again? Is it possible for people to claim they have accepted Christ into their hearts yet not actually be Christians? Pastor David Platt is convinced that many people in our churches today are misled as to what it truly means to be a follower of Christ." This is a very intriguing book and it says some things that I believe are true. It is thought-provoking indeed!

A QUOTE TO SHARE...
"My word for the day: Purity. I desire for my motives to be pure, in everything I say, in everything I do and even in my thoughts - that they will be captive to the obedience of Christ." ~Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!