Friday, May 10, 2013

The Homeschool Mother's Journal #6

*IN OUR HOME SCHOOL THIS WEEK..... We are really just playing catch up. We have 170 lessons in this curriculum and we're on 134. We just might be working our way right up to the next grade. 
*I AM GRATEFUL FOR...... God has shown so much mercy and grace towards me. He is patient and kind. I am forever grateful for His unconditional love, forgiveness and the rest that we can find in Him. 
*IN MY LIFE THIS WEEK.... I am desperate for God to fill me with the Holy Spirit and for God to exchange my stone cold heart for a heart of flesh that is pliable in His hands.
*WHAT'S WORKING/NOT WORKING FOR US..... I really think that we have struggled so much this school year because this curriculum is not right for us. It really did not make learning very fun. We are going with something different next year for sure!
*MY FAVORITE THING THIS WEEK WAS.......  I really cherish the prayer/devotion time I get to have with my children. I have neglected this for a while and we started doing it again this week. It warms my heart so much to hear my children pray. I now see how vitally important it is to take this time. I am learning that issues of the heart are far more important than academics.
*SCRIPTURE OF THE WEEK....... "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances." Ezekiel 36:25-27

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!