Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May "Break"

Blogging has taken a back seat these past 3 weeks. We haven't done anything that I haven't already blogged about. Who wants to be redundant?  I want this blog to be more than just merely tracking the activities we accomplish. I created this to record EVERY aspect of homeschooling; the good, the bad AND the ugly.  (Please forgive me, I must continue to remind myself of this) 
     To report all the details means to admit all my faults. That is one difficult task. However, being completely and most utterly transparent is vital to my spiritual growth. I would elaborate here, but I'd feel I would bore you with the same mountain I seem to continue to circle.  

Let me move on and report what we've been up to.  I had originally decided to use the month of May to plan and prepare creative games/activities/crafts for us to do in June & July while we still played games and spent time outside. I started to print more games from the Letter of the Week Curriculum. Then I remembered the Olympic Games are this summer!  I am no sports fan, but I LU-HUV the Olympic Games.... summer AND winter!  I will have the TV tuned in all the time!  So, my new plan is to find/create games and crafts with the summer olympics theme!  I haven't gotten very far on that idea, but I will keep on keeping on.  

Adelle just turned 5 years old and we're having a party for her complete with friends, food and an activity!  This is a big deal b/c we don't plan birthday parties every single year. We're going all out. There will be a future post about the party (or it's at least in the plan). I said all that to say that I've also been preoccupied making my own decorations and practicing making the cake this month.

We've also been working on our heart issues. Although receiving a top education is pretty important, living our lives that pleases and glorifies God is so crucial.  At the end of our lives, it isn't going to matter that we are filled with knowledge.  I just recently determined that while I teach my children their academics, I will put the majority of my focus on their spiritual growth. 



"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." ~ Francis Chan.

 "Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. These words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 6:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!