Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter ~ Resurrection Rolls

In my last post, I expressed my determination to find ways to teach my children about the true meaning of Easter.  I am ecstatic to say that I have found some fabulous ideas.


 
We made a salt dough resurrection tomb. I borrowed the idea from Mama to 4 Blessings and Almost Unschoolers to create our own.  You can get full instructions here and here

My favorite thing we've done so far is an idea taken from Catholic Icicng.........


Resurrection Rolls!

These are super simple and is a fun tool to help teach the children about the Resurrection. It gives a visual aid, if you will. 

The ingredients are:

                                             *Canned crescent rolls
                                             *Small bowl of melted butter
                                             *Small bowl of cinnamon/sugar mixture
                                             *Large marshamallows

I melted the butter in a microwave safe bowl, preheated the oven, lined the cookie sheet with foil and opened the can of rolls before we started.  

 
I gave the kids a marshmallow and told them it represents Jesus. They dipped it into the butter then the cinnamon sugar mixture. These represent the oil and spices used to prepare Jesus' body for burial. 


 


Then I gave them a crescent roll and had them wrap up the marshmallow tightly, pinching it closed.  The roll represents the linen cloths that Jesus body was wrapped in.

Then we placed the rolls in the oven (the tomb) and baked them according to the package directions.

When the rolls are baking, the marshmallow melted away, representing the empty tomb. Jesus has risen!!



Adelle, being a smart as she is, figured out the marshmallows melted.   :-)   These rolls were super easy and tasted like in inside out cinnamon roll.  


Happy Easter!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!