Monday, January 2, 2017

My 2017 Goals


In my last post, I mentioned that I stopped making New Year's resolutions because I've never kept them past January. Well, I have recently noticed that when I don't have any goals in place, I just float aimlessly through life. Nothing is intentional. Nothing is accomplished. This results in severely lacking in self-discipline, self-control and endurance. 

That is not a life that reflects God's glory. 

Not. 

At. 

All. 

I desire to do everything to the glory of God, in words, in thoughts, and in deeds.  (1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17, 23-24) I have felt a deep conviction about my lack of living intentionally. Therefore, I have set some goals for myself for this new year.

1. Read the Bible more consistently.
This is first and foremost on my list. It is the most important activity of all. Reading the Bible is how we learn about God, it's where we learn to love and obey Him. Then we can witness and make disciples, which is what Jesus has commissioned us to do.


I learned of M'Cheyne's Bible reading calendar a couple of months back. This reading plan will take you through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice in a year. One of the preachers my hubby and I listen to frequently said that we should write down what we don't understand, or questions that we have along the way. The Bible will answer our questions and our understanding will be enlightened in other passages of the Bible, through the power of the Holy Spirit. 


2. Eat healthy and be active. 
I have noticed in the past year that I feel exhausted all the time. I'm tired of that! I need to make a change right now.

About a month ago, I saw a Becky's Homestead youtube video titled "Why Am I Always Tired? Becky's Natural Cure".  She has some great, simple steps to begin eating better in order to feel better. This is a plan I know I can follow with some discipline.  I even made a Stop Feeling Exhausted All the Time poster to remind me what I'm supposed to be doing. 🙂

I have already doubled my water in-take and have begun to eat a few more veggies over the past couple of weeks and I can already tell a bit of a difference in my energy level.

Here is Becky's short video if you're interested to see what she has to say. This is so simple! And it's chemical-free, which is the way I want to go.



3. Serve Others
There are countless passages of Scripture in which the Lord tells us to serve others, to put their needs before our own. Jesus Himself showed us how to be a servant. This is what I want to do. I was never really taught how to be a servant and I don't quite know what to do. I know that I want my service to have eternal value, so I want our service projects to be more than just meeting physical needs. I will gladly welcome any idea anyone can shoot my way!



These are the goals I have placed for myself, not just because it's a new year, but because I already needed to make these changes.


Have a great 2017!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!