1. All the people who found the courage and endured the journey to what we now know as America, with the zeal to worship God Almighty freely.
2. All the citizens and soldiers who gave their lives fighting for freedom in this new land.
3. All the people today, soldiers and citizens alike, who continue to fight for our freedoms.
4. Although our freedoms are slowly being taken away by "Big Brother" and ones who seek to do what is right in their own eyes (with the support of the government), I am thankful for the freedoms that are still in place.
5. While a war has come against Christianity in this country (something that's not new around the world), I am thankful that we are still able to read and carry our Bibles as we choose.
6. On that same note, I am thankful that we are still able to meet openly with fellow believers and pray to God the Father, who is still on the throne.
May we resolve to always stand firm in our faith, rooted and grounded in love; to be not shaken, remaining faithful to Him who is always faithful to us, no matter what happens. May we always uphold God's commands, never compromising, yet loving our enemies.
Be alert and on your guard; stand firm in your faith (your conviction respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, keeping the trust and holy fervor born of faith and a part of it). Act like men and be courageous; grow in strength! ~ 1 Corinthians 16:13 (Amplified Bible)