Friday, July 17, 2015

Take Time to Be Holy

I came across this beautiful hymn this morning.....



Those words just did me in! The title alone got me.



Confession: I've been lazy lately, spiritually.

How can that be? How can I do that? Christians cannot afford to be lazy. Holiness and walking in the Spirit isn't going to happen on its own. We must be diligent about pursuing the Lord and His righteousness.

As I was contemplative and prayerful, I read from My Daily Pursuit: Devotions for Every Day, where Mr. A.W. Tower said:

For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5

We have all kinds of psychology and therapy to comfort people so they do not feel bad. Nothing wrong with trying to comfort someone who is going through some hard times, but sometimes we take it too far. 

I do not want to be comforted from the human standpoint. I do not want anybody downplaying the iniquity in my own heart. I need to allow myself to be broken before God, and out of that brokenness will come God's strength and His presence. The presence of God is what I yearn for each day. 

My family and friends cannot help me in that awful hour when I appear before God. When the Uncreated Being impinges on my naked spirit, I am beyond the help of anything human. 

There is only one way, and that is through the offering sacrifice and the Advocate with God; but do not take that lightly. Conversion used to be a revolutionary, radical, wondrous, terrible, glorious thing. Not much that left anymore. We have forgotten that God is the Holy One. 

God's presence in my life now is preparing me for that awful day to come. It is the presence of God now invading my spirit that is preparing me for that day. 


Oh that I would allow myself to be broken before the King so much more!

Oh that I would take time to be holy!

Father, forgive me. Help me to desire You more and more.



Linking up with 
Fellowship Fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!