Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thankful Thursday ~ Thankful for Grace & Peace


I am so thankful that God is gracious and extends His grace to us:

I'm still waiting on an ultra sound report from the doctor for last week's pains.

I am taking it easy again as I strained some muscles in my back from picking up a box that was heavier than I thought. 

Nonetheless, God is good. I can rejoice and testify that through His strength, I am able to endure and cast off anxiety. It's amazing to me that I can be so calm and peaceful about waiting for the ultra sound results, not becoming anxious about what the results might be and even to be able to say, "Ok, Lord" when I must rest for yet another week. I quoted it last week, but let me quote it again:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  ~Philippians 4:6-7

None of this is because of me. It's all because of HIM! When we are weak, He is strong. When we put our trust in Him, He gives us the grace, strength and peace to endure. Nothing can take that away.

I don't know what the Lord has planned in the next few weeks exactly, but I'm sure it's to conform me to His image and for me to be able to give glory to Him alone, no matter the circumstance. 

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purposes. For those whose He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son,   ~Romans8:28-29 

To God be the glory indeed! Thank you for Your peace that sustains us. Your grace is sufficient! 

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your Name give glory because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth.  ~Psalm 115:1


Linking up with Fellowship Fridays

1 comment:

  1. I am also thankful for grace and peace and for the scripture in your blog. Those words are for both of us, thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!