Friday, August 7, 2015

School Has Begun!




I'm not sure how to begin this post. We started school this week on Monday. I am schooling my own littles, who are in 1st and 3rd grade. I've also taken on a Mr. K5 and a 2 yr old sweet tot. I am glad to say that the littlest one is only here for 2 hours, sometimes 3, and Mr. K5 goes home in the afternoon.  My sanity needs the nightly restoration.

There is so much to say for this first week and not enough time or energy to thoroughly express everything I want to say. I certainly don't have time or energy to proofread and organize my thoughts, so my apologies in advance if this post is scattered.

WHEW!

Let's just see if I can highlight the week in pictures with brief explanations. 


Ms. Sugar Bear
3rd Grader
Mr. Little Man
1st Grader
Traditional 1st Day of School Pancake Breakfast
(with strawberries!)

Working on My Daily Learning Notebook
from Confessions of a Homeschooler


Story Time at the library...

...where we heard this story for the first time, 


with a craft to go with it.









Our very first science experiment. 



Can an egg float in water?
Does adding salt make a difference?


We were so busy doing that we didn't get very many pictures! We did so much more. Maybe after I am adjusted to our new early-rise schedule, I can go back and expand on the details.

However, before I go, I do want to say that I do not take lightly the responsibility laid before me. I don't mean giving my children (and the others) just an education. I'm talking about the Foundation on which we raise the children. 

The Lord is Truth. 

He is the Living God. 

The Almighty. 

The Great I Am.

The Bright  Morning Star.

The Holy One. 

Creator of all things. 

The Savior of the world! 

To not base our lives completely and most utterly upon Him is nothing but growing in wickedness. To grow in only knowledge without God is to grow in wickedness. Period. May we always always put Him before everything. If we must skip a subject for a day, let it be math or language or science, NOT His Word.

May He use anything and everything necessary to conform this family to the image of His Son, Jesus Christ. The Lord's glory revealed to us and reflected in our lives far outweighs the exhaustion I feel at this moment. 

Being a worker at home, raising my children and loving my husband is my ministry. There is no greater calling than that.

To the glory of His name!! Amen!

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time (this present life) are not worth being compared with the glory that is about to be revealed to us and in us and for us and conferred on us! Romans 8:18  Amplified Bible


Linking up with 
Fellowship Fridays

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Have a great school year, Adelle and Jonathan!!!
    Miss Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to leave them here!